2. Can walkers sign-up? This is a running event, so you’ll need to be able to keep up with the group to hear the guide. Our pace is typically 9-10 min/mi. If that seems too fast for you, another option would be to sign up for one of our private runs (where we run at your pace!). Also, throughout the year we do special walking tours, so check back for those!
3. What time do we finish? We usually finish between 9:45 and 10:00AM.
4. Can I run with a jogging stroller? Jogging strollers are welcome. There are some stairs down to and up from the Riverwalk, but we’re happy to help carry strollers.
5. How soon do I need to sign-up? The earlier, the better. We will keep the sign up open until the start of the tour. If you are going to be a walk-up participant the day of the tour, please call or text us between 7:30 and 8:00 AM if possible so we can inform the guides. Walk up participants can pay the guides with cash or credit card.
6. What’s the longest distance we run without stopping? There are a few legs of the run that are just under .5 mi.
7. Do you mail anything to me? No, we do everything online.
8. Do you offer bag storage? We don’t have bag storage, so come dressed to run! However, our guides wear backpacks and have room to carry small items like keys and phones — just ask during check-in.
9. It looks like I’m buying a t-shirt? Am I also signing up for the run? Every sign up comes with the run registration and a dry fit shirt.
10. How signed up I signed-up correctly? You will receive an e-mail with a receipt from River City Run through our booking company, FareHarbor, immediately following your registration.
11. I didn’t get a confirmation! There is a confirmation e-mail sent from our booking company, FareHarbor, immediately following your registration. They also send you a reminder e-mail 24 hours prior to your tour!
12. What happens if it rains? All of our runs are held rain or shine! If conditions are not to your liking, you can re-schedule to any of our other runs that have space available.
13. What size t-shirt should I order? Our shirts are Sport Tek Dry Fit and run a little big. If you’re worried about your fit, send us an email so we can bring a few extra sizes!
14. Where’s the best place to park? There are parking lots all around the Alamo. On Sundays, the city meters are free (first come, first served) and they fill up very quickly. On Saturdays, make sure to bring change with you for the meters. There are meters usually available near Broadway between Travis and Pecan and from there it is a short walk to the Alamo.
15. Are there any good breakfast places near the finish? We run by several good places for breakfast! We will point them out to you on the run.
16. What’s your cancellation/refund policy? If you contact River City Run via email or phone to cancel your purchased tour at least 24 hours prior to your tour, we will refund your money. If we cancel your tour due to weather, we will refund your purchase if you are unable to participate in another offered tour. If you do not contact us at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled tour to cancel your reservation, a refund will not be provided.